Visiting procedures at the Southeastern Correctional Institution will be changing to provide additional visiting opportunities. The following changes will take effect on Sunday, January 5, 2020.
· Visiting will run seven days a week excluding state recognized holidays.
o New Years Day
o Martin Luther King Jr. Day
o Presidents Day
o Memorial Day
o Independence Day
o Labor Day
o Columbus Day
o Veterans Day
o Thanksgiving Day
o Christmas Day
· Visiting Officers hours will vary based on the day of the week
o Weekends (Sunday & Saturday) Visiting hours will be from 8:00am to 4:00pm
o Weekdays (Monday-Friday) Visiting hours will be from 12:00pm to 8:00pm
· Visiting Sessions for inmate visitors
o On weekends there will be a morning session and an afternoon session
§ Morning session – 8:30 until 11:30 am
§ Afternoon session – 12:00 pm until 3:30 pm
o On Weekdays there will be an afternoon session and an evening session
§ Afternoon session – 12:30 pm until 3:30 pm
§ Evening session – 4:30 until 7:30 pm
· Visiting Reservations
o Weekend reservation hours – 9:30 am until 11:30 am for the morning session and 1:30 pm until 3:15 pm for the afternoon session.
o Weekday reservation hours –1:30 until 3:30 pm for the first afternoon session and 5:30 pm until 7:15 pm for the evening session.
· Allotted number of visits
o LPH and General population inmates will receive 3 visits per month per visitor.
o RH inmates will receive 1 non-contact visit per month per visitor with a 2-hour limit.
o F1 and M dorm inmates will have the opportunity for All Day visits on the weekends provided they can secure both sessions for the day requested.
Visiting reservations are required for all visiting sessions. Reservations shall be scheduled in one of the following ways:
- By telephone - 1-866-907-4516- Thursday through Monday, 9:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- By email DRC.visitationSCI@odrc.state.oh.us. This is the preferred method due to the high volume of calls. Visitors must provide the below information:
- Name and number of inmate with whom they are requesting a visit;
- Names of all approved visitors requesting the visit and relationship of all visitors to inmate;
- Date of the requested visit and either morning, afternoon, or all day session (if eligible).
- Any special accommodations requested.
- Once received, reservation requests shall be processed and an email response shall be returned to sender within 48 hours of the institution receiving the email (excluding Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and holidays). Visitors will be provided a confirmation code that must be provided upon arrival to the check in officer.
- Reservations can only be made two months in advance.
- Reservation requests must be made no less than 7 days in advance.
- Reservations are approved on a first requested basis.
- All day visits shall count as one visit.
- When your visit is approved, you will receive a confirmation number for your visit which you will be required to provide upon your arrival.
- Once approved you may cancel your visit by using one of the three listed methods for reservations, but it must be cancelled at least 72 hours in advance.
- Visitors who do not arrive for a reserved visit and fail to cancel said visit at least 72 hours in advance will have the visit count against their total for the month.
- NO open toed shoes (flip flops or sandals) or any boot/shoe that extends above the bottom of the calf. Double lined, insulated, or padded coats/Jackets will not be permitted to wear into the visiting room.
Click here for additional information.