Recovery Services Programming
Lake Erie Correctional Institution partners with Community Assessment and Treatment Service to provide a wide array of recovery services programming. These programs include:
Brief Intervention Program (BIP)
- Brief Intervention is for those Inmates that have less than six months left before release.
- BIP runs 2 hours a day 2 times a week for 6 weeks and you must attend one 12 Step meeting per week.
Treatment Readiness Program (TRP)
The Treatment Readiness Program is the first phase of drug treatment. This is to orient the client to how treatment works. This portion is 2 hours per day, 5 days per week, for 4 weeks.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- The IOP immediately follows TRP and runs for 2 hours per day, 5 days per week, for 12 weeks.
- Focus in IOP is placed on the following: Rational Thinking, Criminal Lifestyles, Relationships and Relapse Prevention.
- This program is to accommodate those inmates that have completed a TRP/IOP cycle
- It is facilitated two hours a day, one day per week, for 8 weeks.
- The program is designed to offer an additional support network for inmates who are continuing to struggle with relapse prevention issues.
- The AA meeting is held on Wednesday evening's beginning at 6:30pm. Inmates should arrive by 6:30pm. The meeting runs for 2 hours. The NA meeting is held on Tuesday evening's beginning at 6:30pm.