Military Peer Support Team
Employee Peer Support Program’s Military Peer Support Team is a special team comprised of trained employees who serve as or have served in the United State Armed Forces. The Military Peer Support Team aspires to provide comprehensive support and assistance to our DRC military personnel and their families. Our support team will make every effort to meet the needs of the military member, assist them through deployments and the ensuing transition home and back into the workforce.
The program offers the following core services to DRC military employees:
- Provide one on one support and assistance through deployments
- Provide information and updates to the employee during deployment (if requested)
- Serve as a family contact (upon the employee’s request)
- Support and assist the service member with the transition following deployment
- Connect the service member/veteran with resources and services
- Assist and support any DRC military personnel/veterans and their family when requested
- Serve as a compassionate, understanding confidant
The Military Peer Support Program connects returning veterans with other veterans (peer members) who have walked down the same path and have experienced challenges following deployment. For some the transition following deployment is an easy one; for others it is more difficult. Military Peer Support is designed to supplement services already being provided by the military and the Veterans Administration.
Post-deployment difficulties may not surface for months following integration back into civilian life. The goal of the Military Peer Support Team is to make a connection with the service member and establish a long term supportive and trusting relationship. The purpose of establishing this relationship is to create a comfort level which will enable the service member to reach out for assistance and support if they are having difficulties. The existence of the common military experience aids in establishing this trusting relationship. The Military Peer Support Team will provide support services to any employee with issues related to military service regardless of the length of time since the service.
Military Peer Support Team Leader information:
Jason Heard | Jason.Heard@odrc.state.oh.us
Employees, check out the Employee Services Intranet sit for additional resources at http://intra/index2.php?id=479.